Break Policies can be assigned to a department or a user to manage the rest (break) or meal (lunch) rules.
- Go to the Policy Tab of your account.
- Click on Add New in the Break Policy section.
- Add a policy name to be able to recognize it in the policy assignment section.
- Add as many Break Rules as you need for this policy by clicking Add a New Break Rule.
- Select Rest or Meal for the Break Type.
- Select yes if the break is paid or no if it is not paid. If yes, fill out how much of the break is paid in hours and minutes.
- Select Standard if the employees will need to perform a clock for this rule or Auto if the employees don’t need to perform a clocking for this rule.
- Select yes or no for minimum break length required, if yes, this will perform a lockout to end the break, fill out the duration of the break in hours and minutes.
- Click on Save
- Assign the policy to departments or individual users. Refer to Assign and Replace Policies.