Including a Public Holiday Policy on your account will allow you to create and assign custom and common UK holidays for your employees.
When you create a new Public Holiday Policy you can optionally give your employees a paid holiday without working, pay them a special rate for working on that day, or both. The pay rate modifier, such as time-and-a-half, is completely customisable. Moreover, it gives you the option to override all other active pay rate modifiers, such as your standard overtime policy, whenever it’s added to a time card.
To begin creating your Public Holiday Policy, please follow these instructions:
- Click Policies under the Organisation tab.
- Click the plus sign on Public Holiday.
- This page will provide you with an overview of all of your current Public Holiday rules. To add a new Public Holiday Rule, click Create Public Holiday on the top right-hand side.
- Choose between a Custom Public Holiday or a select from a list of Common UK Public Holidays (set to repeat as default).
- If Custom is selected, provide a name and date for the holiday. Here you will also be provided with an option to set the Holiday to Repeat. If a holiday from the Common UK Public Holiday list is selected, the name and date will be provided for you. You have the options to modify the repeated day.
- Finally, provide a number of hours and information for the following settings:
- Paid Holiday Time: Time entered here will be added to employee time cards.
- Paid Holiday Pay Code: Paid Holiday Time will be labeled with this code on the time cards and reports.
- Working Holiday Pay Code: Hours worked on this Holiday will be labeled with this code on time cards and reports.
- Working Pay Rate Modifier: Rate at which employees will be paid for working on this Public Holiday.
- Holiday Override: The Working Pay Rate Modifier for this Public Holiday will override all other pay rate modifiers, such as the current overtime policy.
- After completing the required information, select Create and Close to add a single holiday and leave the holiday creator or select Create and Add Another to continue adding holidays.
Edit or Delete a Public Holiday Policy:
- From the UK Public Holiday Details landing page select the menu option () for the holiday you would like to edit or delete.
- Click on the Edit option from the drop-down menu to open the Public Holiday Policy and to save any changes click on Update on the bottom right.
- Click on the Delete option from the drop-down menu, then click on Confirm button to remove the holiday.