In Citadel, you can set up your pay periods as you wish. You can select when a pay period starts and how long it will last. To create a pay period, follow these steps:
- Click Policies under Organisation in the main menu.
- Click the Pay Period tab.
- Click on an existing Pay Period policy tile to edit.
- With the Pay Period Type set to Monthly, edit the Workweek Begins On setting to adjust the workweek start date.
- Edit the Pay Period Type setting to adjust the length of time that your pay periods will be. The options are:
- Weekly—Pay periods are one week long.
- Bi-Weekly—Pay periods are two weeks long.
- Semi-Monthly—There are two pay periods per month.
- Monthly—There is one pay period per month.
- If you choose either the Monthly or Semi-Monthly option, Pay Period Start appears on the screen, allowing you to set the day(s) of the month that each pay period will begin.
- Effective Date setting allows you to select when you want your new pay period duration to go into effect.
Note: The current pay period must finish before a new pay period length begins
- When you are finished with each setting, click Save.