Citadel now offers you the freedom to assign policies to individual users throughout your account, regardless of their role type. This new functionality will help you organise your employees policies either via their home department or on a user by user basis. The example below is a step by step walk-through of how to assign a Clock Management Policy to an active user, allowing them perform clockings from any platform enabled within the Clock Management Policy.
- Start by accessing the Policies tab, then select Clock Management. Here you will see a list of all available Clock Management policies included within the account. Select the Clock Management Policy that will need to be assigned.
- Ensure that at least one of the following options are set to Yes in the Clock Management Policy: ‘Allow Time Clock Clockings’, ‘Allow Web Clockings’ or ‘Allow Smartphone Clockings’.
Note: By setting either ‘Time Clock, Web or Smartphone’ clock to yes, you will be allowing any user with this assigned Clock Management Policy to punch in through the respective method allowed.
- Once the Clock Management Policy has been created or modified, you will want to access the People tab, followed by the user that requires the previously enabled Clock Management Policy.
- Under the user profile, select Policies. From here you will select the ‘Assign or Replace Policy‘ option, which will provide you with all available policies currently not assigned to the user.
- Select the ‘Clock Management’ sub tab, then select the Clock Management policy created or modified within Step 2.
- A confirmation message will appear, providing a review of the changes you are about to make. Selecting Confirm will replace the current Clock Management policy with the policy created or modified within Step 2.
- The user selected will now have an active Clock Management Policy in place, allowing them to clock in from any of the enabled platforms selected within the Clock Management Policy.