With the IP Address Web Clocking Restriction feature, you can specify from which IP Address your employees are allowed to clock.
If you configure the IP Address Web Clocking Restriction, the employees will continue to have access to their online account. However, web clocking will only be allowed if the employee is accessing the account from a permitted IP Address.
Note that this is an optional setting, by default, a web clock is allowed from any location if there is no IP Address assigned.
To set up the IP Address Web Clocking Restriction follow these steps:
- Go to Organisation on the left Menu of your account.
- Click on Policies.
- Go to a current Clock Management policy or add a new one.
- Under Clock Permissions, set Allow Web Clock to Yes to have the IP Address option display.
- Under Available IP Addresses, you can add an IP Address by clicking Add an IP address.
- Enter a name for the IP Address and Enter the entire IP Address then click save. Click on Use current IP address to use your current IP Address, it will automatically populate.
- The IP Address will move to the Assigned IP Addresses section. You can toggle the IP Addresses from the Available section to the Assigned section.
- The IP Address can also be deleted by hovering over them and clicking on the red X.
- Once you have added your IP Addresses to your Clock Management policy click on Save.
- Employees who have restricted IP Addresses will view the restriction message instead of clocking options.
- Assign the Clock Management policy to any department or user. Refer to Policy Assignment to Individuals.