The Rounding and Grace Policy feature allows you to specify the amount of rounding and grace that will be applied when employees clock In or Out.
Roundings at the beginning or end of a clocking period will amend clockings and “round” them to the nearest specified unit of rounding.
Roundings on IN clockings move forward to the next rounding increment.
Roundings on OUT clockings, will be applied to the previous rounding increment.
Grace is a period of time allowing late clockings on IN times and early clockings on OUT times – without incurring a deduction on the timecard.
A Rounding Interval is one period of the time that an hour is divided into.
To apply Roundings and Grace to your employees’ clocking times, please follow this guide:
Any user with permissions to Add/Update Policies will be able to create Rounding and Grace Policies.
- Click Policies under Organisation in the main menu.
- Click the Rounding and Grace tab and click Add or click an icon to edit an existing policy
- Enter the Rounding and Grace Policy Name.
- Now select a Rounding Interval from the drop down menu.
- If you wish to add Grace, you can manually type this into the Grace Option field.
- You can add further Rules by clicking the Add a Rounding and Grace Rule option at any time.
- If you have implemented Department Transfer, or your employees are likely to clock In and Out more than once per day, and you wish to “Round” these clockings too, you can add further Rounding Rules for Department Transfer IN and Department Transfer OUT.
- Click Save to add your new Rounding and Grace Policy.
- Once you have setup the Department Transfer IN and Department Transfer OUT options for all of your Departments, you can choose to allow the Rounding and Grace Rules for “WORKING DEPARTMENTS” to override the Rounding and Grace Rules of the Users “HOME DEPARTMENT” .
- To do this, you will need to access any Clocking Management Policies which will be used in conjunction with this Rounding and Grace Policy. Go to Organisation > Policies > Clocking Management
- Now, ensure Allow Department Transfer is set to Yes and change Working Department Override to Yes.