Now that you have set your time clock and associated it with your account, you can start using your time clock to perform clockings. (If you have not set up your time clock yet, click here.)
Time Clock Clocking with Quick Clocking provides employees with the ‘most likely’ clock option, based on the employee’s current status. This feature will help employees quickly and easily perform the correct clock option, along with reducing the number of errors that occur from the time clock.
To perform a Time Clock Clocking the employee will authenticate with one of the following methods:
- PIN – Enter pin number (configure in your account)
- RFID – Scan your badge (configured in your account)
- Fingerprint – Scan your fingerprint (configured in your time clock)
- Click here to learn how to register fingerprints
As a default, employees will view the Quick Clocking options. The ‘Quick‘ options will ensure that Quick Clocking is enabled, providing the employee with their most likely clock options based on their current status.
Below are examples of what employees may expect to see with Quick Clocking enabled:
If the employee’s current status is Clocked Out
If the employee’s current status is Clocked In
If the employee’s current status is On Meal
Selecting ‘All’ will disable the Quick Clocking feature, providing the employee with all available clock options. Below is an example of what your employee can expect with Quick Clocking disabled:
A successful clock will be followed by a success message:
Note: Employees will see different clocking options based on the policies assigned to the user:
- Clock In / Clock Out: display with permissions to clock on the time clock.
- Start Rest / End Rest: display with a rest policy assigned to the employee.
- Start Meal / End Meal: display with a meal policy assigned to the employee.
- Department Transfer: displays with department transfer permissions assigned to an employee.